SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL EDITION
Each school can have a maximum of 3 teams. Each team will consist of 3 to 5 participating high school students (Grade 10-12). Each team is required to have a moderator or faculty advisor from the same school to facilitate any type of training or preparation.
The competition will be divided into 3 rounds.
Teams will be required to create a Team Profile by following the instructions available at http://brightidea.enderuncolleges.com/wp-login.php?action=register. All teams will be required to attend one Entrepreneurship Master Class to help them develop their business concept and to learn how to deliver an elevator pitch. The teams’ moderators may also join the master class.
The second round will be the submission of a project description by updating their Team Profiles available at brightidea.enderuncolleges.com. The teams will be judged by Enderun Colleges’ business and entrepreneurship faculty based on the feasibility and potential of their proposed projects. Only 10 teams will be chosen for the final round.
The teams will be notified if their business concept qualified for the final round.
In the final round, the top 10 teams will pitch their business concept to the judges, who will act as venture capitalists, investors, or business executives. These 10 teams may belong to the same school and compete during the final round. Furthermore, it is possible for teams from the same school to win the top prizes
The following awards and prizes will be given during the final round:
- Grand Champion
The grand champion will receive PhP 50,000 and a trophy.
- First Runner Up
The first runner up will receive PhP 10,000.
- Second Runner Up
The Second Runner up will receive PhP 10,000.
- Participating teams must complete Intent to Join form available at brightidea.enderuncolleges.com. Online forms are also accessible via all official Facebook fan pages of Enderun Colleges (Enderun Colleges, Enderun Colleges Admissions and Enderun Extension). At this stage of the competition, details on business concept will not be required yet. Each team will be assigned a Team Profile that they can access as the competition progresses.
- Teams of 3 to 5 members are eligible to join the competition as long as they are high school students (Grade 10- 12) and have identified a mentor. They should also get a clearance to join from their respective class advisers/principals. Each school can have a maximum of 3 teams.
- The participants will be invited to attend an Entrepreneurship Master Class at Enderun Colleges on any one of the following dates: November 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2017. Experts will also be present to help mentor the participants during the training. The training is prior to the main challenge event. Attendance of at least one member of the team is required to proceed to the next stage of the competition.
- After attending the Entrepreneurship Master Class, all teams will be required to send a 1000-word description of their business concept by updating their Team Profile at brightidea.enderuncolleges.com. Only one entry should be submitted per team. Teams can make revisions on their business concept before the deadline. After the cut-off, all Team Profiles will be locked.
- From the submitted business concepts, Enderun will choose the teams who will be given the chance to pitch their business concept during the final round. Only 10 teams will make it to the finals.
- The teams will be notified via email if their business concept qualified in the final round. Announcement will also be made on brightidea.enderuncolleges.com and Enderun Colleges’ Facebook Page
- During the final round, Each team will be given 3 minutes to pitch their idea to the judges who will act as venture capitalists, investors, or business executives. Only one member of the team will deliver the pitch. Powerpoint or other forms of visual presentations will not be allowed. However, prototypes and samples of the products will be allowed as props. Each team has to answer all questions asked by the judges for a maximum of 10 minutes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- There is no entry fee to join the competition.
- Enderun Colleges reserves the right to amend the competition mechanics and dates without notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstance outside of the organizer’s control. Participants will be notified of any changes to the competition.
- The participating schools agree to use their name in any promotional material in relation to the competition (e.g. social media posts, competition posters, and/ or press releases).
- Enderun Colleges will conduct photo coverage of the participants during the classes and grand finals. Enderun Colleges will also conduct video coverage and interviews of some participants and coaches. The photos and videos will be uploaded on Enderun Colleges’ social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube). Rest assured, the photos and videos that will be uploaded on social media will not compromise the participants and schools’ reputation. The videos are meant to encourage the teams’ school, family and friends to support them during the competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.